Friday: After work, I picked up the kids, we went home to pack the car and then drove to my sister's house for my nephew's birthday party. We played games, ate pizza, had cake and ice cream, opened presents, played more games, did a craft and then got them all settled upstairs to watch some movies on their sleeping bags.
Saturday: Woke up, sister's hubby made pancakes for breakfast, let the kids play, did another craft, kids were picked up. Then we slowly made the transition for my kids to leave, packed everything up and had drive-through crap food on the way home for lunch.
We got home, Lusie brought her son over to help get Christmas stuff down from the attic ($10 works wonders), I moved the furniture all over the place and we unpacked some of the decorations. We all sat down together to watch a movie, and my daughter ended the night with a fever of 101.4.
Sunday: Kept the girl in bed all morning with bananas, apple sauce, Gatorade, movies and naps. She was still running a low temp. Boychild played Madden 2007 and watched cartoons. Hubby and I had a quick romp and then I left him in bed to sleep so I could work on things for the European delegation this coming summer and for work on Monday.
After lunchtime, hubby woke up and we put the tree together, with the kids doing most of the assembly--which they enjoyed. We took out and put up most of the other decorations and enjoyed Christmas music throughout the afternoon. Then hubby and boy played Madden 2007 together, the girlchild dozed on the couch with her blankie, and I cooked dinner (Steak I'd marinated overnight, garlic and cheddar mashed potatoes and peas).
Now the kids are back in bed (girlchild with a fever of 100.5...on Motrin), and I'm winding up my day with an email to all the people at work I won't be showing up for tomorrow, although I'll do the work I was going to do there, at home anyway.
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment