I didn't get much sleep last night, and had a very full day today. But! I have been working on my resolutions. Somehow I'm really stuck on the whole "dishes" one. I got home too late to cook what I wanted tonight, but then hubby decided we should have a "fend for" night. Basically, everyone grabs some leftovers or quick foods. With my extra non-cooking time, I made the banana bread and washed all the dishes that were hanging around.
In other news, according to my sources, today is Peculiar People Day. I think I'd have to put Johnny Depp on my list for Peculiar People. Not in a bad way, but the man IS odd!
Who would you put on your list?
That bread looks fantastic! I don't suppose you'd be willing to share the recipe?
ReplyDeleteDang...that was from me...Rene. Oops.
ReplyDeleteSeth MacFarland has to be on my list of peculiar people; he is a sick, sick man. I love his stuff.
ReplyDeleteSure, Rene :)
ReplyDeleteBanana Bread—Grandma 1978
3 ripe bananas (if small 4)
mash with fork
stir in
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 ½ cups flour
¼ cup melted butter or margarine
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 pinch salt
greased pan
325° preheated for 1 hr.
Now the difference is, I use half light brown sugar and half white sugar. Also, after I mix all of the ingredients, I sprinkle cinnamon to lightly cover the top of the mixing bowl, and stir that in. Before putting it in to bake, I add a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar to the top. I use mini loaf pans, so they take about 24 minutes to bake instead of an hour. I let the loaves cool in the pan for 10 minutes before taking them out to the cooling rack.